ArCADia-TELECOMMUNICATIONS NETWORKS 2.0
What is ArCADia-TELECOMMUNICATIONS NETWORKS?
ArCADia-TELECOMMUNICATIONS NETWORKS is an industry-specific module of the ArCADia BIM system, based on the ideology of Building Information Modeling (BIM).
ArCADia-TELECOMMUNICATIONS NETWORKS is a program to create professional industrial documentation for designs of external telecommunication networks (fibre-optic and copper media). The program is intended for designers of external telecommunication networks and design-construction companies that produce network concepts, industrial drawings, take inventory of existing networks and to all associated with the telecommunications industry.
It is another industrial module of the ArCADia BIM system, and as with all previous modules, it can be operated as an overlay for the AutoCAD program. Any user of ArCADia-TELECOMMUNICATIONS NETWORKS can quickly create drawings of external telecommunication networks in spatial development plans or produce their own drawing showing an existing or design network in terms of its passive components.
Due to the specific nature of the design of external telecommunication networks (the necessity to construct or extend primary and secondary telecommunication cable ducting systems, cable pipelines, existing or planned overhead lines, reconstruction of existing cables), the program covers the design of fibre-optic and copper-media cables in connection with the aforementioned network elements. The program is intended for designers of external telecommunication networks. However it can also be used by design and construction companies providing concepts of telecommunication networks, producing industrial drawings, taking an inventory of existing networks and by all those associated with the telecommunication industry. The program provides a comprehensive listing of the basic materials used to construct telecommunication networks, including cables and terminations for fibre-optical and copper-media cables in terminal facilities.
The object library can be used to design a telecommunication network. Objects can be edited and assigned parameters. Apart from the possibility to produce drawings and diagrams in an efficient way, the program performs the calculations necessary for the correct design of a network. The combination of specialist functions used in this application and the possibility to perform calculations and verifications of designed networks provides a perfect tool to create designs of telecommunication networks using fibre-optic and copper-media cables.
The ArCADia-TELECOMMUNICATIONS NETWORKS program enables the design of external telecommunication networks on the route: a main distribution frame (cable start completion: distribution frame, external cabinet, cable box) – a telecommunication line route – optic distribution frame (cable end completion: distribution frame, external cabinet, cable box, cable termination in a building), as well as any network configuration, including its division into component elements.
FEATURES OF THE PROGRAM:
- The design of primary and secondary underground cable systems, cable pipelines.
- The design of overhead lines.
- The designing of fibre-optic and copper-media cables (including telecommunication and coaxial cables) using a proposed or defined existing telecommunication infrastructure.
- Verification of the designed individual sections of a cable, a selected cable line and the connections of the remaining components of the design.
- The generation of calculation reports, such as attenuation analysis, lists of cable sections, cable route description, listing of primary and secondary cable ducting system sections.
- The generation of cable route diagrams, a primary cable ducting system diagram, cable pipeline, listing of project materials or selected line materials.
- A report for the selected object or a group of objects.
- The export of the bill of materials to cost estimate programs.
The program provides a full opportunity to begin and end work in any location of a network. In addition, the program can be used only to design a primary cable ducting system, cable draw pit or a section of a cable pipeline. Due to the required order of construction of a new network or the extension of an existing network (first, the cable conduit of a ducting system or a cable pipeline should be constructed, and then, cables can be placed in them or an overhead network can be erected), the only restriction on designing telecommunication cables is to first define the aforementioned components of the network. When external cable lines are designed on spatial development plans, a designer can quickly obtain a list of survey coordinates (in the form of an RTF report) in critical network points (line turning points, cable draw pits, overhead line poles, cable containers). The program also provides the possibility to perform basic calculations and generate reports and verify designed network elements.
In order to work, all industry-specific modules need a license for:
- ArCADia LT or ArCADia 10 or ArCADia PLUS 10 or Autodesk software AutoCAD® 2014/2015/2016/2017
- If an industry-specific module is installed as an overlay for AutoCAD® software, ArCADia AC module is required.
- Pentium-class computer (Intel Core i5 recommended)
- 2 GB RAM minimum (8 GB recommended)
- About 3 GB free hard disc space for installation
- A graphics card compatible with DirectX 9.0 (a 1GB RAM card recommended)
- OS: Windows 10 or Windows 8.1 or Windows 7