The EuroStopa dimensioning module was created to design shallow foundations according to PN-EN 1997-1 Eurocode 7 in the R3D3-Rama 3D program in the complex load state. It is produced in the form of an installation integrated in the R3D3-Rama 3D program for static calculations, which requires a separate licence. At present, R3D3-Rama 3D and EuroStopa can operate in two configurations:
- Separately, as a program for static calculations only (the EuroStopa module works only in the demo version) –A licence for R3D3-Rama 3D is required.
- In connection with the EuroStopa module as a program for static calculations and dimensioning of spot footing –a licence for R3D3-Rama 3D and EuroStopa is required.
A program for editing and viewing report files (the RTF format), such as MS Word (2003 and higher) or MS Word Viewer must be in the system for correct and complete operation of the EuroStopa module.
In general, the program can perform the following calculations and verifications:
- The verification of the load bearing capacity of soil in both directions, at the foundation level and the upper surface of each soil layer for all loading scenarios according to the PN-EN 1997-1 Eurocode 7 standard.
- Verification of the standard condition regarding the size of an eccentricity.
- The dimensioning of a foundation block for bending induced by soil pressure, calculated for extreme stress in the x and y direction (acc. PN-EN 1992-1-1 Eurocode 2), including verification of the structural conditions for minimum reinforcement and proper selection of bars.
- The rotation resistance for successive loading scenarios is verified.
- The punching resistance is verified in characteristic cross-sections of a spot footing.
- Calculation of the mean primary and secondary settlement of a foundation block in a subsoil layer for all loading scenarios using the stress method (compliant with the Eurocode).
- The dimensioning of vertical and horizontal reinforcement is performed for bell footing, including proper selection of bars.
Apart from a wide range of calculations, the module offers the following features:
- It incorporates a piezometric ground water level.
- It allows for the consideration of additional eccentricities, when reactions in foundations are located.
- It allows the calculation of the vertical reaction of a support (Winkler's coefficient).
- It is ergonomic and simple to use.